F10 evolution hangs on imap after a few hours

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri Mar 13 21:13:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:58:30 -0700
Craig White wrote:

> Anyone else seeing this from evolution-2.24.5-1.fc10.i386 - after an
> hour or two on imap connection, I click on a message and the screen
> simply says 'Formatting message' but never goes further and even closing
> Evolution seems to be hung (it does a purge of all deleted messages per
> settings but never actually quits until I force it).

Not that specific behaviour, but evolution is pretty much impossible
to leave running regardless of which kind of mail connection you use.
Something somewhere starts leaking like a sieve and it consumes all
resources on the system. I gave up on evolution and started using
claws-mail - it is vastly more reliable.