xorg,config thinks I have 14 screens ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Fri Mar 13 23:03:13 UTC 2009

Hi;

I am doing a new Fedora 10 install for someone else.  It is on a machine
on which I used to run F10 but a different older monitor.

I am getting 800x600 resolution with a Dell Trinitron 19" monitor.  My
old ex-machine used to run fine with an 'nv' driver and I could get
1280x1024 resolution.

When I run Xorg -configure :1 as root I get the following error:

(++) using config file: /root/xorg.conf.new
Number of created screens does not match number of detected devices

When I look at the xorg.conf.new it shows about 14 screens included.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.3