Disabling mouse taps on Fedora 10 (solved)

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Mar 14 13:52:26 UTC 2009

David wrote:
> Bill Davidsen wrote:
>
>> I'm a lot more unhappy with leaving out the ability to do that. If
>> system-config-display is at least installed the user has the tool, and
>> doesn't need to install from command line. Not creating xorg.conf is
>> reasonable, but if it doesn't work and you need xorg.conf you always
>> need the tool.
>

> from the CLI (since no X)
>
> X -configure

The problem is that there are ten screens of command line options to be
understood, and it gets some of its information by probing, rather than user
input. Much of the information, such as that needed to use --layout, is in the
xorg.conf man page, which makes for a painful process figuring out what options
are needed just to generate xorg.conf with the right stanzas to edit.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>