NetworkManager at boot-time

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Mar 14 17:17:32 UTC 2009

Bill Davidsen wrote:

> There is a checkbox in the applet for "start connection at boot" but AFAIK
it
> does nothing, at least on my FC9 and FC10 laptops, just doesn't happen.
>
> If you need connection at boot you have to do it in the network config I
> believe. At any rate that's where I do it, so the connection doesn't
restart
> every time a login takes place.

I'm running Fedora-10 (up-to-date).
Going to KDE=>Administration=>Network Configuration
I click on eth1, my WiFi device, and go to Edit.
All the checkboxes including
	"Activate device when computer starts"
	"Allow all users to enable and disable the device"
are ticked.

But when I re-boot, the WiFi device is briefly activated
(as shown by the light on the PCMCIA device)
though it does not connect.

Then it goes off until I logon,
when (if I am lucky) it comes on again
and now connects to my AP.

Are you saying that your experience is in some way different to this?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net