Swap partition moved -> resume broken

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 16 09:30:07 UTC 2009

Tim:
>> Make a new initrd, that's where it's set.  If you don't know how, ask
>> the list again.

Clemens Eisserer:
> Are you sure?

Yes, I've had to fix this myself.

> I always thought its passed by a kernel-parameter.

You can set kernel parameters for it, too.  But I can't remember which
one has priority.

> Also the bootloader is re-written to automatically start the
> hibernated system once.

I can't say that I've noticed that.  It seems, more to me, that the
system always tries to resume from hibernation, by looking for the
memory dump in the swap partition.  Either resuming if it's there, or
booting normally when it's not.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686