Suggestion - replace gdm with kdm as the default

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:33:18 UTC 2009

If you want to run kdm instead od gdm do the following at a console login
(ctl-alt-f1) after logging in as root

mv /usr/sbin/gdm /usr/sbin/gdm.orig
init 3
init 5

This will start kdm.  The file to look at is /etc/X11/perfdm which is just a
shell script that starts the appropriate display manager

Paolo