Evolution throwing away emails for one of my accounts ?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:06:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 20:22 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 20:53 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > I meant how do you know the time is spent filtering (rather than say
> > polling the server or downloading mail)?
>
> That's easy:  Fetch a scad of mail when you have filters set, versus
> fetch a scad of mail when you don't have any filters set.
>
> Unmolested, they romp into the inbox very quickly.  When filtering puts
> its fingers in, it's far worse than fetching mail over dial-up.

I guess that would depend on:

* how many filters you have
* what the filters do
* what order they appear in

I can only repeat what I've already said: I don't have this problem. In
fact I can't recall anyone on the Evo list making comments of this
nature (and it's not a bunch to keep quiet about a problem :-)

If this is serious enough to make you switch MUAs, perhaps it merits a
Bugzilla report.

poc