Audacity, F9, and sound systems

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 11:01:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:10:50 +1030, Tim wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 20:35 -0400, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> > When I fire up audacity, it offers a number of choices for the input
> > sound and playback sound. Most of those choices seem to revolve around
> > ALSA. The only ones that seem to work are OSS. OK, I'll use what
> > works. However, once I have run audacity once and exited, the next
> > time I get into it, there are only ALSA choices available for
> > playback. OSS is no longer available in the drop down and none of the
> > ALSA choices give me sound.
>
> Just to let you know that you're not alone, I have occasionally
> experienced the same thing, though it usually works fine.  I've not used
> Audacity often enough, to capture sound, to work out a pattern to it.

Ah, guinea-pigs :)  Great!  Here's a Test Update for F9 waiting to be
pushed into the updates-testing repository:

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/audacity-1.3.7-0.4.beta.fc9.2

A similar test update for F10 is available in updates-testing, too, since
end of February: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F10/FEDORA-2009-2296