Preupgrade F-9/F-10 disaster -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Mar 22 08:16:44 UTC 2009

I decided t to try "preupgrade" in the hope of preserving a lot of
configuration.  It ran for hours on my satellite connection but fails on
install with "Error mounting device sdc2 as /mnt/f9: mount: special
device /dev/sdc2 does not exist"

I'm not sure how to deal with this since an attempt to boot F-9 produces
screens full of error messages.

The bios permits me to enable/disable individual drives.  I began trying
things there without success and went to bed ... I'm awake now and
barely functioning.

Fortunately this F-10 computer is working and may be able to access the
F-9 box although I haven't tried that yet?

Am I the only one with such a problem?

Waht to do next?

Bob