Request for help on VM

RAMAKISHOREBABU KOPPULA rkbabu.koppula at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:50:49 UTC 2009

A) I have installed VirualBox and then installed WindowsXP as guest OS.
Following are my observations:
1. The information reported by windows device manager (which is running on
windows partition) related to chip set, NIC, Audio device etc and the
information reported by the windows device manager of windows XP which is
running as guest OS are different.
2. I am not able to play audio/video files in the guset OS. (I am able to
play same files in Windows XP which is running in windows partition and in
F10 also).
3. Web cam is also not working in the guest OS. I have tried skype but it is
also not woking.

B) Then I have tried with QEMU also and the result is same. With the QWMU
the system performance is very slow.

C) I could install VM with XEN. I could not find KVM for XEN.

Windows running as a guest OS on a VM will really work like windows on a
standole system? If so, how to do that?

Any help please?