Maple on Fedora - beware updates today - I was wrong - it is fine!

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:58:09 UTC 2009

Mike Cloaked wrote:

> Beware - after today's updates including Fedora 10 Update:
> java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-11.b14.fc10  it appears that Maple 12 which was
> running fine in F10 for me is now broken - I am not sure if this java
> update is the culprit but some other applications are also not working any
> more - eg Okular
>
> I now have some key applications no longer working  -  and not very happy!

It turned out that this failure was nothing to do with any updated packages
today - but was due to changing the graphics card and monitor - which in
turn caused .gconf and/or .gconfd to get messed up.  Moving these two
directories to new names and restarting gnome gave a fully working
application again.

Apologies for the report - and hope it did not cause any excessive worries.