URL error message in Thunderbird -

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Mar 24 19:00:00 UTC 2009

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> This is an F-10 updated computer and I am getting an error when I click
> on a URL in a Thunderbird email:
>
>    Error showing url: Failed to execute child process
>    "/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.6/firefox" (No such file or directory)
>
> Is this a recognized problem or am I unique?
> Bob

Given that the current firefox is version 3.0.7, I have to ask.  Are you
running the current firefox?  If so, something screwed up in your
update.  If not, then have you ever modified Thunderbird's about:config
to point to a specific firefox?  Clearly the preferred application
pointer is not right, the only question is "why is it not right".

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net