Wine install - no menu items in "Applications" menu

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:47:36 UTC 2009

Hiisi wrote:

> > > I have another problem. There's two WINE menu items in
> "Applications"
> > > menu. Both of them called "WINE". In both of them there's the same
> > > program - Macromedia Flash 2004. I'm using WINE since 0.97 version.
> > Now
> > > I have wine-1.1.14-1.fc9.i386. I want to know how to edit those menu
> > > items to join two entries.
> > > Thank you.
> >
> > Hiisi,
> >
> > I have 2 menu menu items too called Wine, but the one contains
> notepad,
> > regedit, and some wine* utilities, and the other contains a "programs"
> > submenu which may be filled with installed windows programs.
> >
> > JB
> > --
> >
> > Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
> One of those menus has utilities AND sub-menu "programs" while the other
> has ONLY sub-menu "programs".
Wine -> notepad (and others) menu is the applications provided by
wine-desktop and configured in:

[sam at machine ~]$ ls /usr/share/applications/*wine*
/usr/share/applications/fedora-wine.desktop
/usr/share/applications/fedora-wine-mime-msi.desktop
/usr/share/applications/fedora-wine-notepad.desktop
/usr/share/applications/fedora-wine-regedit.desktop
/usr/share/applications/fedora-wine-uninstaller.desktop
/usr/share/applications/fedora-wine-wineboot.desktop
/usr/share/applications/fedora-wine-winecfg.desktop
/usr/share/applications/fedora-wine-winefile.desktop
/usr/share/applications/fedora-wine-winemine.desktop
/usr/share/applications/fedora-wine-winhelp.desktop

Wine -> Programs -> submenus is applications in your local .wine install
and configured in:
[sam at machine ~]$ ls  ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs
XenCenter 5.0.desktop

--
Sam