kernel source code

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Mar 25 13:44:38 UTC 2009

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Thierry wrote:

>> pushparaj muthu a écrit :
>> " No rule to make target  "missing -syscalls " stop
>>>
>>> Please do provide link to download kernel-2.6.23 tar file .( Not rpm
>>> package)
>>>
> You can get Fedora RPMs using yum, and kernel.org unpatched kernels at
> kernel.org. Be *very* aware that the Fedora kernel is not the unpatched
> original, for some kernels that makes a significant difference, for
> others not. Fedora kernels may have features added which are simply not
> in the reference kernel.
>
> As to your problem (rather than your question) you may not have the
> right tool chain installed to do the build.

And as a side note, I just pulled a source rpm off rawhide, for kernel
2.6.29-rc8-git and it would unpack due to "MD5 errors" in the install. Don't
know what that's all about, I used rpm2cpio and verified that the cpio data was
actually correct.

I guess I'll test on 2.6.29 stock, I really want the new video stuff.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>