recent update issues

Dennis Kaptain dkaptain at yahoo.com.mx
Thu Mar 26 17:59:09 UTC 2009

I have been following the fedora-list for several years off and on. From time to time I see as well as occasionally experience issues with updates breaking things.

It seems to me that this week has been especially tough. There has been a flurry of problems including the libX11 issue that is affecting me personally.

To help keep all this in perspective, I want to point out that this is a very rare occurrence. I keep my system up to date with the very latest packages available, checking mostly daily, and almost never have any kind of problem. Now that a problem has surfaced, as is my experience, I'm sure it will be fixed very quickly.

In this regard: To all the developers out there, whose names I don't even know, who work hard at keeping MY computer updated and secure with one of the best operating systems on the planet, for FREE,

Thank you!

Dennis Kaptain