NFR - Bookpool

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Thu Mar 26 20:15:26 UTC 2009

Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com wrote:
> Folks,
>
> This is Not Fedora Related, just Linux book related.  Earlier this week,
> I was attempting to buy a book on Bookpool and it seems to be gone.  The
> site was there last week, but comes up with a Network Solutions generic
> message.  Did I miss the memo?  Did they go belly up?
>
> thanks,
> Michael
>

> The information contained in this message and any attachment may be
> proprietary, confidential, and privileged or subject to the work
> product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
> of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
> agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
> If you have received this communication in error, please notify me
> immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all
> copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.

I am afraid it is so.  I was at the Bookpool warehouse a week or two ago
and they were in the process of closing down.  They were selling their
[empty] metal shelves even as I was shopping.  I was able to talk to the
owner and it is unclear whether the closure is permanent or temporary.
The owner did not know whether Bookpool.com would stays closed, reopens
or opens in a new form and how long it would take to make that decision.

The number of shelves still containing books was about half of what they
were a year ago.  I am surprised that they had to shut their "doors" so
soon.  I am assuming that they are closed based on the website,
www.bookpool.com, current state.  The webpage that is currently showing
up at www.bookpool.com does state "coming soon" so hopefully, the
closure is temporary.

--
  Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: /"The objection to fairy stories is that they tell children there
are dragons. But children have always known there are dragons. Fairy
stories tell children that dragons can be killed."/
     -- G.K. Chesterton