Can't Reset Gnome-Keyring Password

rgheck rgheck at comcast.net
Fri Mar 27 12:04:21 UTC 2009

For some time now, my daughter's been having a problem with her WPA key:
NM asks for it every time she logs on. I seem to have figured out why,
more or less. Let me say that she's using LXDE under F10 on an Eee 901.

When trying to debug something else, I reset her password to what it
originally was when I set up her account, and suddenly everything
worked. I changed it to something else, and it didn't work; changed it
back, and then it did again. So I ran Settings>Passwords, etc, or
whatever it is, and there was a button that said something like "Reset
keyring password". Unfortunately, clicking that button just got me an
error message, something like "Unable to reset keyring password". Very
helpful.

Any ideas?

rh