FC10 Suspend problem

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Mar 27 13:41:25 UTC 2009

Hiren Joshi wrote:

> I have an IBM T43 and since I upgraded to FC10 the suspend hangs,
> according to pm-suspend it all powers down fine but the screen stays on
> with the console and the fan stays on...... Any thoughts?

I can't answer your question,
but isn't this a rather unusual way to suspend (to disk or RAM?)?

I am running Fedora-10/KDE on a Thinkpad T43,
and suspend to RAM works exceptionally well.
The machine suspends automatically if the lid is closed
and the power is disconnected.

So I never need to take any action to suspend,
but if I did I would just click on f=>Leave=>Suspend to RAM

I notice that lsmod shows thinkpad-acpi on my T43.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net