please recommend PCIe2.0x16 graphics card for fedora 10

Simon Tierney simon at conditional-fee.co.uk
Fri Mar 27 22:28:08 UTC 2009

I've upgraded my motherboard to an Asus P6T with i7 processor, which
seems to run OK until I reboot after software updates, then I have to
reset the CMOS each time.

I suspect the bios conflicts with an old PCI graphics card (3D labs
oxygen) which shows up during POST before the screen goes blank.

If someone knows a better explanation please tell me, but the card
doesn't seem to be displaying / recognised fully either.

I don't need high end graphics and I don't want SLI because a bios
upgrade may be required, but I am considering getting a budget
PCIe2.0x16  graphics card and I would be grateful for any
recommendations for or against a particular card or chipset so I don't
buy into more problems.