F10: When will gnome-sessions (save desktop settings) be available?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sat Mar 28 16:42:03 UTC 2009

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 06:23:25 -0700
> Marc Wilson wrote:
>

>>> When can we get a working gnome-sessions package that
>>> will allow us to save our desktop/applications settings?
>>>
>> When GNOME provides one.
>>

> Or perhaps more likely when some gnome user gets pissed enough
> to write the code and submit the patch then rewrite it 47 times
> to satisfy the picky requirements of the developers, then
> finally get it approved.

That seems to be an accurate statement. (I read the bugs, it's long, but
of course
there is no end in sight as far as I can tell)  Guess there is no
roadmap/milestones
for this particular snafu, which is why I asked,  Dunno, if Marc is part
of the
`Gnome' club or is one himself, but does not add much with his comment.