Laptop security

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Sat Mar 28 21:58:50 UTC 2009

On 03/28/2009 02:52 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 28 March 2009 18:02:48 g wrote:
>> as was discussed last year on this list, on a linux system, it may not be
>> highly efficient. how many thieves are intelligent enough to use linux?

  Actually it is next to useless in my view. Any laptop should have the
drive encrypted and not come up without the passphrase. In this setting
adeona or anything similar is not very useful.

  Most large businesses require any laptop use disk encryption - start
with that and see what else you can do to enhance security beyond that.