burn dot-files??

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 30 06:29:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 21:38 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> I've installed Eeebuntu Base to an EeePC 701 and installed Alpine
> 2.0 (the only mailer I give a shrivelled electron for). I want to add
> the .pinerc, and the .addressbook that I've been tweaking since before
> AOL or the Web; but nothing I can find today by way of a diskburner
> seems even to see dot files.

Considering how copying Linux file to essentially a DOS file system on a
CD-ROM, then back to a Linux file system, messes up file permissions, it
might be better to archive up the files you want to copy, and burn the
archive.

I find it really annoying how the default mounting options for CDs,
flash drives, and the like, causes me to end up with executable
permissions on inappropriate files (JPEGs, etc.).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.