OT: Network setup - NAT

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 31 06:08:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 13:31 -0400, Mike Burger wrote:
> Not wanting to sound too picky, but setting a default gateway is, in
> effect, setting a (default) route.

Fair enough, but reading the post, I was thinking of users "adding
routes," which is a different (and potentially more complex) action.  Of
course, for some situations, you want that complexity.  But it's not
needed for what most people do with internet connection sharing.

man route

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686