Fresh install Fedora 10 X86_64 problems

m maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:47:09 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:
> Freash install of Fedora 10 X86_64 / KDE4
>
> I kept /home directories intact with users from Fedora 8 install.
> I use the exact names and passwords from old Fedora 8 install.
>
> I'm getting error message when I try to log into  All, Users  home
> directories;
>
> "Could not start Kstartupconfig4,  Check your install:"
>
> I can log into 'root' without any problems.

Root does not live in /home or did you keep root's home also? I wouldn't
have thought something like you are describing would work considering
that many small things and probably large things too have probably
changed from f8 to f10. Then there is the other major thing to consider:
that KDE4 is still a work in progress as far as I know. Maybe removing
the desktop settings files from the users home directories will do the
trick. Just remember to keep good backups.

--
"Any fool can know. The point is to understand" --Albert Einstein

Bored??
http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Fuqwit1.0

http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Coding_the_Magic_into_the_Eight_Ball