Wireless speed drops

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:15:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 07:16:41PM +0300, Georgi Hristozov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> David Timms написа:
>> Georgi Hristozov wrote:
>>> <snip>
>> Did you check /var/log/messages between the time it's working well, to
>> when it starts to go slow ?
>> Does NM go through a disconnect, connected process ?
>
> There's nothing in /var/log/messages. NM gets through this process, but
> it doesn't actually put the interface down. That's what I quite can't
> understand - how can this be fixed without bringing down the wlan
> interface.

Got a coffee shop nearby? Do they have wireless access? Try there and see if the problem persists. Hardware failure has to be ruled out or all the debugging in the world isn't going to do you a bit of good.

Other things to consider is if anyone else is connected to your access point, some access points will have to limit the overall speed if a client is using say b instead of g wireless, so your only as fast as your slowest man.