Why does my window fractionate?

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Fri May 8 09:33:09 UTC 2009

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm running Fedora-10 with KDE.
> Every now and then my window dissolves
> into several small windows, each corresponding to
> one of my desktops.
>
> I know this happens when I move the mouse over something,
> but I haven't been able to work out what that something is.
>
> It is not a particularly onerous problem.
> I just have to click on the mini-window
> corresponding to the desktop I was in.

I think you are referring to "Desktop Grid"
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kde++"desktop+Grid"

I don't have a clue how to configure Desktop Effects though - it sounds
like you have a hot zone configured for one of your screen corners that
launches that picker, so maybe have a look through the Desktop Effects
system settings to work out how it's configured.

--
Sam