f10 install - low screen resolution

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 10 18:23:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 10:53 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> there's a long-standing issue reported by multiple people, and there's
> a solution allowing user selection regardless of cause

Going back years ago, perhaps to Red Hat Linux days, it was simple
enough to manually configure some monitors through a GUI that let you
enter scan rates and pixel heights and widths.  Not a command line
modeline generator, a configurator for X.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.