emacs c++ code completion help

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed May 27 01:31:25 UTC 2009

Armin Moradi wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Armin Moradi <amoradi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>>> I couldn't get it to auto-complete C++ keywords _not_ present in the buffer.
>>> So I changed my auto-complete-cpp.el (attached below). I made some minor
>>> changes to an example code posted on the emacs wiki page to include
>>> auto-complete both from the current buffer and from a list of keywords
>>> defined in auto-complete-cpp.el.
>>>
>>> Now my .emacs looks like this,
>>>
>>> ;; load path for elisp files
>>> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/elisp")
>>>
>>> ;; autocomplete extension
>>> (require 'auto-complete)
>>> (when (require 'auto-complete nil t)
>>> �(require 'auto-complete-cpp)
>>>
>>> �(global-auto-complete-mode))
>>>
>>> --
>>> Suvayu
>>>
>>> Open source is the future. It sets us free.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>> That didn't help the dot(.) problem. �But thanks nevertheless.
>>
>> --
>> Armin Moradi
>>

> When I try to install the development version of auto-complete using
> auto-install, it gives me several errors on missing files:
>
> auto-complete-ruby.el -> Cannot open rcodetools
> auto-complete-semantic -> Cannot open semantic-ia
> auto-complete-yasnippet -> Cannot open yasnippet
>
> Where can I find those files?

I believe they are available on the Autocomplete wiki page[1]. I haven't
tried auto-install yet, So can't say these will fix it. But
auto-install.el is supposed to pull in all the *.el files that are
required by auto-complete.el. And since the stable version of
auto-install.el was released early this May[2], there is a chance you
might have hit a bug. Worth checking imo.

[1]http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AutoComplete#toc2
[2]http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2009-05/msg00370.html

--
Suvayu