Application Server Software For Fedora 10/11/CentOS

Veli-Pekka Kestilä fedora at guagua.fi
Fri May 29 04:54:28 UTC 2009

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> I'm interested in setting up a Fedora system as an application server
> so that it works like/has features similar to IBM's WebSphere
> Application Server. I can't afford IBM's licensing costs. Is there an
> open source application server that works more or less the same and
> will run on either Fedora 10 or 11 or CentOS?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob Cochran

I think JBOSS is what you need. It should work in F10, F11 and CentOS.
You may also need to get separatedly JDK/JRE to use it. It has the
important bits Servlet Engine and EJB support. If you don't need ejb
support that much then I would recommend Tomcat. If I remember correctly
Websphere had some proprietary extensions which you of course can't use.
So test first if you have some ready made software you need to run.

-vpk