bluetooth mounse becomes erratic when network load is moderate.

Wendell Nichols wcn00 at shaw.ca
Fri May 29 12:52:59 UTC 2009

Wendell Nichols wrote:
> I have a bluetooth mouse which works nicely most of the time, but if I
> run a process which consumes network resources (and my network is
> wireless) the pointer lags behind the mouse movement.  Even playing
> music via an nfs mounted disk is enough to cause this problem.  Anyone
> else see or overcome that?
> wcn

More on my own question.
It turns out that bluetooth runs on the same frequencies as woreless
b/g/n.  Bluetooth also uses frequency switching to the extent that it
didn't help to relocate my wireless N connection to either end of the
supported spectrum.  Wireless ethernet and bluetooth are simply not
compatable in the same area.  I will have to keep my USB mouse handy for
those times that I am making heave use of the wireless.
Thank goodness I didn't go out and buy that bluetooth headset...
wcn