Nouveau driver on F10

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Fri May 1 07:40:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:52:46 -0700
john wendel <jwendel10 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Since the "nv" driver seems to have lots of problems, I thought I'd try
> the nouveau driver.  The result was a black screen and a locked up box.
> No Xorg.0.log file created, so no errors to report.
>
> Does this actually work with F10? Anybody got it running? Tips?

On the Nvidia afflicted box I have I just enabled it as of FC10 and it
worked out of the box. It very very rarely misdraws something small and
spews a diagnostic to the log (maybe once every day or two).

File a bug report for the Nouveau people - even knowing the card variant
may be helpful as it will tell them which variant might be a problem
still.