Fedora & XP on same machine, good bad or ugly

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri May 1 12:54:20 UTC 2009

Tom Horsley wrote:

>> Good Idea? on different hard drives. XP home installed now.
>> Good, Bad or ugly? Recommendations.
>
> I did it for a while, but got tired of it :-). It is good that
> XP is already installed, because my experience has been that
> a single ext3 filesystem in any partition anywhere on any disk
> will make the XP installer crash almost the instant it starts,
> so XP absolutely has to come first :-).

I haven't found that.
Windows XP seems quite good at sticking to its own part of the disk.
in my experience.

Given a blank disk, I would install XP first,
but I've found no problem re-installing XP in its own partition.

Of course, it over-writes grub in the MBR,
but that is to be expected.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net