nVidia vs. ATI graphics card for fedora

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sat May 2 04:44:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, 01 May 2009 22:42:53 -0400
Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

> Which are not as good as the current proprietary drivers in *every*
> feature supported.  If I want 3D and video and GL, the open drivers
> don't do all 3 just yet (do they?)  The last time I tried them they didn't.

I have an X1550 in this computer and the free drivers that come with Fedora 10
work great for everything that I've come across so far.

F9 didn't support my widescreen monitor for some reason so I had to (very
reluctantly) use the proprietary driver at that time, but since F10 was
released the free driver has been working wonderfully.

I used to recommend only Intel graphics for computers, but now I recommend
either Intel or ATI.