Fedora & XP on same machine, good bad or ugly

Wendell Nichols wcn00 at shaw.ca
Sat May 2 14:24:31 UTC 2009

I run FC9 as the only natively installed OS on my machine and have
windows installed in a vmware (server 2.0) vm under linux.  The XP
performance is acceptable and it's set to suspend/resume when linux
starts and stops so it's always  there.  It runs on a masqueraded
socket, so outside network programs can't access it, which means I don't
run a firewall on that windows image.  I do run antivirus software
there... cause you just can't trust it :)
I find this to be the best way to have the necessary windows apps around
when I need them: outlook and office.   Its been years since I
absolutely had to have windows running on bare metal.
wcn