How To Send Files Securely From Fedora

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 2 21:55:09 UTC 2009

Mail Lists wrote:
> yes zip will work fine between linux and windows .. not the most secure
> but certainly the simplest. If you need more security, then you should
> set up something stronger like gpg on both machines.

To add a few more thoughts to the pot, since the object is to get the files
transferred securely, do you have some machine where you can put the files and
give him a *key secured* ssh access? Then he can use putty on Windows and will
have no passwords to mismanage. In other words secure the transfer by encryption
rather than securing the files and then sending insecurely.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>