Re: Off topic - mobo recommendations

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com> writes:
A vendor such as Newegg will put you in a nice machine for about $800
for CPU, M/B, and 12GB RAM. That's my goal for my next system, four
cores, eight threads,

12 Gig?  You really want to run with 3 sockets filled and one empty?

I'm partial to the low-power 65watt x4 chips.

The I7 memory controller has 3 channels, the new MBs have 3 or 6 memory slots.

Regards,

John