digikam on F10 64bit

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:01:10 UTC 2009

I'm trying to use digikam (digikam-0.10.0-0.6.beta5.fc10.x86_64) on my
F10 64bit box at home. It starts up correctly, traverses the
directories i tell it to, even imports images from my camera. However
it won't display any albums. I get an error message like
"digikamalbums process died unexpectedly" Googling for this returns
almost nothing, so I think this is a local configuration problem
rather than a common bug.

The same version of digikam works well on my 32bit laptop, and
digikam-0.9.5-1.fc9.x86_64 works on my F9 64bit machine at work. I
don't use kde as my desktop on any of these machines.

Can anyone suggest how to debug this?

Thanks,

Chris