Cron-o-meter (Java application) crashes F10 KDE 4.2.2 sessions.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 5 23:14:49 UTC 2009

On 05/06/2009 04:32 AM, Craig White wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 04:05 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 05/06/2009 03:53 AM, Craig White wrote:
>>
>>> how is he supposed to pull that off if he's using Sun's JRE and not
>>> OpenJDK?
>> What he uses on his own system is his preference.
>>
>> There is no reason it shouldn't work with OpenJDK since OpenJDK in
>> Fedora has passed TCK 100%. Of course, if there are any bugs that is
>> preventing the application from running with OpenJDK, you can file them.
>>
> ----
> and if someone reports a bug against the package, he tells them that it
> works with Sun Java?

Not sure I understand the context of the question well. For the
application to be packaged in Fedora, it needs to work with OpenJDK
first. So part of the packaging process is to ensure integration. If on
a later date a bug report is filed, the answer would depend on what the
bug report is about in the first place.

If it is a bug in the application, he needs to file it upstream, if it
is the packaging, he needs to fix it. If it is about interaction with
OpenJDK vs Sun JDK, he can file it against OpenJDK and if it does work
with Sun JDK, he is free to suggest that as a workaround.

Rahul