window background pix?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed May 6 03:52:00 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> One of the things I've been meaning to ask about that worked well in
>> kde-3.5+ was the ability to use any photograph in a recognizable format as
>> a screen background.
>>
>> But since F10 and kde-4.x.x, I seem to be stuck with the default solar
>> flare or whatever its called as background on all windows.
>>
>> Is that now changeable, if so how?
>
>Right-click on the desktop, Appearance Settings, make your pick.
>
>Though it's one single wallpaper for everything, you can't pick a separate
>one per virtual screen, nor per physical monitor if you have multiple ones.
>
>        Kevin Kofler

That sucks big time Kevin, I was used to being able to tell what screen I was
on by the picture.  Will this ability to do this on a screen by screen basis
be restored?  If not, it is a considerable step backwards IMNSHO.

Thanks, at least I now have a family pix as background, including my oldest
daughter taken about 9 weeks before she passed.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)