window background pix?

Ron Siven rsiven at gmail.com
Wed May 6 04:26:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > That sucks big time Kevin, I was used to being able to tell what screen I
> > was on by the picture.  Will this ability to do this on a screen by
> screen
> > basis be restored?  If not, it is a considerable step backwards IMNSHO.
>
> I don't know, unfortunately I don't know of anybody implementing it
> upstream
> in Plasma at the moment.
>
> > [...] including my oldest daughter taken about 9 weeks before she passed.
>
> That's sad to hear. :-(
>
>        Kevin Kofler
>
> --

Guys,

Question: What are you using to work with separate monitors?

On my work laptop, I have used xrandr to make a large virtual screen.  With
enough real estate to handle the full resolution of both the laptop monitor
(1400x1050) and a 19" LCD (1280x1024).  Then, I right-clicked on the desktop
on each monitor, went to the Appearance Settings and changed the background
for each monitor.

So, if you don't use xrandr, I'm very curious to hear what you're using
because that was the only solution I found that worked for me.

BTW, My laptop has ATI video.

-- Ron