Accessing A Fedora 7 Box FROM The Net

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 6 05:46:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 05:20:26 +0200,
  Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> PS: To all those who have replied in this thread: please DO NOT ANSWER this
> sort of questions about unsupported releases (other than with a reply like
> mine). You need to pressure people into upgrading, refusing to answer any
> questions about the unsupported release is the best way. Answering the
> question doesn't actually help the person who asked, you're helping the
> script kiddies instead.

I disagree. He may have a legitimate reason for not upgrading (such as current
kernels not working with his hardware). And it may be that some software
on the machine is not stock F7, but in fact more recent versions of critical
software. At this point we don't know. Certainly, strongly suggesting an
upgrade is reasonable, but trying to use unrelated problems as leverage
seems over the line to me.