what is "Document Viewer"?

David dgboles at comcast.net
Wed May 6 15:33:13 UTC 2009

On 5/6/2009 11:03 AM, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> David wrote:
>> On 5/6/2009 10:28 AM, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

>>> Also, if you are going to have a generic name, at lease have the
>>> option of picking the application in the Preferred Application menu.
>>> It is there for your WEB browser, mail reader, and a few others...

>> Why don't you edit your menus to fit you own needs and wishes?

> I do. But if you are going to have a program that lets you pick the
> application for some generic menu entries, it would make sense to
> have it configure ALL generic application entries.

I always thought it was one of those 'Linux for Newbies' things. To make
things easier for them when they start out and not to scare them off with a
bunch of strange names.

IE: I want to open a document so "Document Viewer" sounds right. As opposed
to gedit or kedit or vim or many others. Or Web Browser. Or Email. And not
the actual name of the applications.

And if the Fedora folks found something better they would not have to edit
all of the menu entry titles.

However. I also edit my menus. I deselect things that I don't use and change
the listings to suit my wants and wishes.
--

  David