f10dvd installs but won't boot

jackson byers byersjab at gmail.com
Wed May 6 16:16:59 UTC 2009

Sam Sharpe responded
2009/5/5 jackson byers <byersjab at gmail.com>:
> jbyers:
>  html? my apologies, i had no idea.
> I guess i need some info in gmail how not to do that.
> in my gmail setting
> Outgoing message encoding:
>  Use default text encoding for outgoing messages <<selected
>  Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages
> nothing here explicitly HTML
> i will try the utf-8

That's interesting - I didn't actually see how you are sending HTML.
My Gmail is set to "default text encoding" (not UTF-8) and I seem to
be sending messages in text:

Subject: Re: what is "Document Viewer"?
From: "Sharpe, Sam J" <sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com>

Your messages are sending in both HTML and text, so technically the
receiver can decide which one to view based on their capabilities or
preferences (but you're still wasting other people's bandwidth - which
is typically what they are objecting to). I had no idea how you set
Gmail to do that, but having had a look around, I found this post:
http://personalweb.about.com/b/2005/04/04/gmail-lets-you-send-html-email.htm

I've never noticed the "Rich formatting" link that appears above my
compose box before, but I think that's what you are using - try
hitting the "Plain text" link you should have and see if that sticks
as a preference (as I can't see anywhere to force it).

--
Sam

jbyers:
how could you see that I was sending in both HTML  and text?

I dont see a Content-Type line on my gmail sends
is there some configure step i am missing?

I have left utf selected
but also did switch out of the rtf  into text

Is this email being received as only text?
Jack