what is "Document Viewer"?

David dgboles at comcast.net
Wed May 6 17:03:53 UTC 2009

On 5/6/2009 12:10 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 10:36 -0400, David wrote:
>> Why don't you edit your menus to fit you own needs and wishes?

> Easy enough for those of us that know about it, not so good for anyone
> else.  Tell someone to load a page in Evince, and they can't find it.
> Tell someone to load something in the document viewer, and you can get
> an equally blank stare.  They may not have it installed (what do you get
> for yum install document viewer?), they may not find a document viewer
> in the *graphics* menu, they may have more than one document viewer.
> And, I seem to recall, that any time I customised a menu, my changes got
> done with the next yum update to that application.

> All in all, you present a poor argument compared against the system
> having sensible settings in the first place.

I have been around Linux for about ten years or so now. I have always made
mine look and act like I wanted it to look and act. How did I do that? By
RTM, the Release Notes, things such as that, and asking questions. I did the
same thing when I used Windows.

As for me? I'm just user. You need to complain to the people that maintain
the menus. And I have no idea if any of them follow this general helper
list.  Personally I would think not. And personally I don't care.

Rather than type here may I suggest that you use Bugzilla? Ask for a change
in the way the menu is laid out. That way you will get their attention. And
a much better argument too.  :-)

Have a nice day.
--

  David