What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Thu May 7 11:40:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, 07 May 2009 16:31:55 +0530
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> I am doing a quick survey for software that you use on a regular basis
> that is not available via the Fedora repository.

I use "remind" as a substitute for evolution's appointment mechanism
since I gave up on evolution ever working reliably.

http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/remind

I use it together with a silly message popup tool I wrote which I'd
be perfectly willing to have in the repos as long a I didn't have to
do any of the work :-).

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/qtmess.html

I also use truecrypt (http://www.truecrypt.org/), but I have
a feeling someone somewhere would decide there are potential
issues with it.

Then, of course, there is gdmsetup (which I would use if only it
existed :-).