What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Thu May 7 14:04:43 UTC 2009

> that is not available via the Fedora repository. Software that you
> suggest should be free and open source, free of patent and other legal
> issues.

JMRI is the obvious one now we have openjdk. However JMRI relies upon the
java async communications interfaces which openjdk currently appears to
be missing for some reason.

So until OpenJDK is actually a drop in replacement for Sun's Java stuff I
guess its stuck.

Other than that and xapian/omega (which I use for some search setups) not
a lot.