insmod and WIFI - was Re: FC10 and NDISwrapper

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu May 7 14:27:00 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Gary Stainburn wrote:
>> hybrid_wl/wl.ko
>
> That's the proprietary driver from Broadcom. People are suggesting you use
> the Free Software b43 driver, not the proprietary Broadcom wl.

If you have one of the models which b43 supports, and it works well enough for
your purposes, that's fine. I've read for over a year that there would be
support for the 4310, first in b43, then in some other module "being worked on,"
the truth is it still only works on Windows, not with the politically correct
Linux drivers.

I'm tired of running a USB NIC on laptops, or paying hundreds more because the
ones with the best price/performance have unsupported NICs.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>