Setup Firefox so mailto links use Kmail

Kevin Kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Thu May 7 15:45:39 UTC 2009

Hi all;

I did the following to setup firefox mailto links to use kmail but it did not
work. Thoughts ?

1) I went to about:config in firefox and ensured that the value
"network.protocol-handler.external.mailto" is set to true

2) I did a right click and choose new --> string
   in the popup for the preference name I entered the following:
    network.protocol-handler.app.mailto

   Then in the next popup asking for the string value I entered this:
     kmail

However when I click on a mailto link firefox still wants to bring up
evolution. I even tried using /usr/bin/kmail as the string value.

Thanks in advance...