[OT] ssh login script - Please Help

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Thu May 7 16:59:20 UTC 2009

> Mike Burger wrote:
>>
>> Alternately, Dan ought to, instead of an expect script, use a non-root
>> user, key-based authentication (bypass the password), scp the conf file
>> the non-root user's homedir, and sudo to provide root level privs to
>> move
>> the conf file into place and restart NTP.
>>
> Or don't log in at all. Use scp to copy the file, and then ssh where
> it is set to run a command when you connect. (Use the
> comand="comand" format for the key.) One thing I am not sure of is
> if you can use the same key for scp when using the command= option.

Well, is part of the openssh suite, and does/will use the same key as the
ssh executable.

I use keys to scp and ssh to run commands all the time, without having to
pass passwords along, in order to automate processes, all the time.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS