What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 7 19:16:14 UTC 2009

Tim:
>> It doesn't engender much confidence in using some software
>> if its website is dead, or hasn't been updated in five years.

Francis Earl:
> There are actually rules that don't permit such software to remain in
> Fedora, so file bugs when you come across something that hasn't been
> touched in such a long period. I agree there should be mechanisms
> around, but filing bugs is just as useful - even if it's more time
> consuming.

Sometimes you want such software, as it's the only thing that does it's
job, or is bug free and didn't need further work ;-), etc.  But part of
the build process red flagging such things could lead to user actions
such as removing dross from the repos, editing the RPM info to remove
dead links, etc.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686